Tuesday 7 February 2012

Nicki Minaj Inspired Eyeshadow Look



I love how Nicki is so bold with her make up. This is my spin on her look in the 2 photos above.

Products used:
  • Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 08 Frosty Silver
  • Rhomlon Retractable Eyebrow Pencil
  • Avon Kohl Eyeliner in U01 Black Noir
  • Rhomlon Elegance Waterproof Dipliner in Black
  • False Eyelashes from Chamelon in number #019
  • Teal/Navy Blue Eyeshadows (120 Matte Colour palette), Copper Matte Brown Eyeshadow (Rhomlon 48 Colour Palette), Single Fleshtone Highlight Eyeshadow (Unik Colors in E-16 Nude)
  • Silkygirl Double Intense Waterproof Mascara in 01 Very Black
How to achieve this look:
  • Firstly, you'd want to apply an eyeshadow primer/base all over your eyelids to prevent your eyeshadows from creasing and since we are using vibrant colours, priming your eyelids will also help to make your eyeshadows appear brighter.
  • Next, I used a flat shader brush and applied a turquoise eyeshadow all over my eyelids, not going pass the crease. I used an eyeshadow from my 120 matte eyeshadow palette.

     
  • Then, I used a mini fluffy eyeshadow brush and mixed 2 navy/dark blue eyeshadows and I applied them on the outer corner of my eyelids. You could use an angled brush to get a sharper angel or simply just place a tape at the outer corner of your eyes before you start! I used 2 eyeshadows from the same 120 matte colour palette.

  • Next, using a fluffy blending brush, I took a copper matte brown eyeshadow from my Rhomlon 48 colour eyeshadow palette and applied it in my crease.

  • Then, using a liquid eyeliner, I lined my top lashline and added a bit of a wing at the outer corner of my eye. I used my Rhomlon Elegance Waterproof Dipliner in Black.

  • Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both your top and lower lashes. I used Silkygirl Double Intense Waterproof Mascara in 01 Very Black

     
  • You know Nicki Minaj is big on eyelashes so you cannot pass this step up! Grab your most dramatic pair of falsies and put them on. I used my False Eyelashes from Chamelon in number #019.

  • Line your waterline with a kohl eyeliner pencil to deepen the look slightly. I used Avon Kohl Eyeliner in U01 Black Noir.

  • Next, to brighten up the eyes a little bit, use a silver eyeliner pencil or a glitter liner would work just as fine and apply it to the inner two-thirds of your lower lashline. I used Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 08 Frosty Silver. (Excuse the picture by the way. Mine's a bit beaten up, have had mine for quite some time already :P)

  • And as usual, apply a flesh tone eyeshadow at your brow bone as a highlight using a densed shader brush. I used  Single Fleshtone Highlight Eyeshadow (Unik Colors in E-16 Nude).

     
  • And last but not least, define your eyebrows to complete the look and to frame your face. I used Rhomlon Retractable Eyebrow Pencil.



    And you guys are done!! I hope you guys have fun trying this look out and don't be afriad to unleash your inner Nicki Minaj! And if you do, send me a picture :) Take care.



    xoxo,
    Mia

    No comments:

    Post a Comment