Monday 6 February 2012

Leopard Print Eyeshadow


Products used:
  •  Luminous Eyeshadow from Elianto in Pale Yellow
  • Duo Eyeshadow from Wet 'N' Wild in 06 Copper Dust
  • Double Intense Gel Eyeliner from Silkygirl in 01 Pure Black
  • Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof Mascara
  • Avon Kohl Eyeliner in UO1 Black Noir
  • Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner by Eyestudio in 2 Dark Brown
  • Rhomlon Retractable Eyebrow Pencil
How to achieve this look:
  • Apply an eyeshadow base/primer all over your eyelid to prevent the eyeshadow from creasing. This will help your eyeshadow appear more vibrant and make it last longer.
  • Using a flat shader brush, apply a bronze eyeshadow all over your eyelid (not going pass your crease). I used the bronze eyeshadow from my Duo Eyeshadow from Wet 'N' Wild in 06 Copper Dust

  • Then with a gel eyeliner and an angled brush, do a dramatic winged eyeliner on your upper lash line. I used the Double Intense Gel Eyeliner from Silkygirl in 01 Pure Black.
  •  Next, I used a brown liquid eyeliner to draw on the leopard prints. Draw random half "C" shapes and small bracket like shape on your eyelid but only where the bronze eyeshadow is applied. (This may require some practice so try and doing it on the back of your hand before you actually do it on you eyelid!) I chose to use a brown liquid eyeliner because it will give a nice contrast between the black eyeliner but at the same time it's still in the same colour family as the eyeshadow. For this I used the Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner by Eyestudio in 2 Dark Brown.
  • Apply a highlight colour on your brow bone. I used  Luminous Eyeshadow from Elianto in Pale Yellow.

  •   I then lined my waterline with a kohl eyeliner to intensify the look and also brought it a bit further down to my lower lashline. I used Avon Kohl Eyeliner in UO1 Black Noir and then set it with a matte black eyeshadow from my 120 colour palette with an angled brush so it doesn't budge.

  • To finish off the look, I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of mascara on my top and lower lashes just because I'm not going to use fake eyelashes for this look. (It's pretty dramatic, so I'll keep it simple for the lashes but you guys can go ahead and falsies if you'd prefer) I used Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof Mascara.


     
  • Lastly, fill in your brows. I used Rhomlon Retractable Eyebrow Pencil.


    And you guys are basically done!! I tried doing a video tutorial but  I keep going out of frame, it frustrates me. I hope you guys have fun trying this out and that my blog post "tutorial" was helpful :)

    xoxo,
    Mia




No comments:

Post a Comment